PROVISIONS FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF LAW 1214/1981 (GG I/286) AND JOINT MINISTERIAL DECISION NO 8923/861/2010 (GG II/394) FOR PASSANGERS ON URBAN BUSES
• Passengers are required to pay the applicable fare (either by validating a pre-printed ticket or purchasing a ticket from the ticket machine) IMMEDIATELY upon boarding the bus and to keep their ticket throughout the journey and to present it for inspection if requested to do so by an OASTH ticket inspector.
• If entitled to a discount ticket, passengers are required to show proof of their entitlement (pass, card).
• If passengers do not have their free travel passes or discount ticket cards or passes with them they are obliged to issue or validate a regular (whole) ticket.
• Passengers who do not carry or show a validated ticket or a valid unlimited travel card are subject to a fine, the amount of which has been determined by Joint Ministerial Decision of the Ministers of Finance and of Infractructure, Transport and Networks (JMD no 8923/861/2010, GG II/394) as:
• sixty times (x60) the value of the basic regular or discount ticket, which is paid on the spot upon verifying the offense or within 20 calendar days from the day after the offense was verified
• The fine is doubled if it is paid on the 21st day and within two months (60 days) from the day after the offense was verified.
• After the 61st day (from the day the offense was verified) OASTH may collect the fine via legal action. In such an event the fine is multiplied by five, plus any additional compensation demanded by OASTH due to legal expenses and any other losses suffered by the Organisation.
• Infliction of the fine is accompanied by an offense verification document prepared by OASTH Fare Inspectors, who are legally authorised to conduct fare inspections.
• Passengers-offenders are obliged to show proof of identity to authorised OASTH inspectors so the fine may be imposed. If they refuse to do so the inspector may request the assistance of a Police Officer (in accordance with the provisions for the implementation of Law 1214/81, GG I/286).
The fine may be paid:
• Directly to the Fare Inspector
• Within the two-month deadline defined by law and to the amount described above at OASTH headquarters (3rd floor, Al. Papanastasiou 90, Thessaloniki) on weekdays from 07.30 to 14.00 or at other points specified by the Organisation or at post offices (by postal check). If the fine is paid by postal check, reference must be made to the offense verification number, as well as the name, surname and address of the offender. Upon receiving the postal check OASTH will send a relevant receipt of payment.
Παρουσιάστηκε πρόβλημα στη σύνδεση με τον εξυπηρετητή