PROVISIONS FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF LAW 2283/2014 (JOINT MINISTERIAL DECISION NO 45788/3552/2014) and LAW 4313/2014 FOR PASSANGERS BOARDING URBAN BUSES
• Passengers are required to pay the applicable and corresponding trip fare (either by validating a pre-printed ticket or purchasing a ticket from the ticket issuing machine) IMMEDIATELY upon boarding the bus. They are obliged to keep their ticket throughout the journey and be able to present it for inspection if requested to do so by an OASTH ticket inspector at all times.
• To the passengers that are found without a valid ticket, a fine equal to 60 times of the value of the basic ticket price is imposed. Equal fines are imposed to those passengers who present valid discounted fare tickets that don’t present sufficient documents entitling them discounted fare tickets.
• Infliction of the fine is accompanied by an offense verification document prepared by OASTH Fare Inspectors, who are legally authorised to conduct fare inspections.
• Passengers-offenders are obliged to show proof of identity to authorised OASTH inspectors so the fine may be imposed. If they refuse to do so the inspector may request the assistance of a Police Officer.
• Passengers who do not carry or show a validated ticket or a valid unlimited travel card are subject to a fine, the amount of which has been determined by Joint Ministerial Decision of the Ministers of Finance and of Infrastructure, Transport and Networks (JMD no 45788/3552/2014)
• In case the fine is not paid within 60 calendar days, it is transferred to the corresponding Tax Office of the offender where its value is multiplied 5 times and it is considered and collected as a pubic asset.
Ways of payment:
• Directly to the Fare Inspector
• Within 60 calendar days period at OASTH headquarters (3rd floor, Al. Papanastasiou 90, Thessaloniki) on weekdays (Mon-Fri) from 07.30 to 14.00 or at post offices (by postal check service). If the fine is paid by postal check, reference must be made to the offense verification number, as well as the name, surname and address of the offender. Upon receiving the postal check OASTH will send a relevant receipt of payment.